5 Sept 2008

The Last Lecture

Randy Pausch Last Lecture, Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams:



Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008) gave his last lecture at the university on the 17th of September 2007. Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.

At ABC:



I have an engineering problem.
While for the most part I'm in terrific physical shape, I have ten tumors in my liver and I have only a few months left to live.
I am a father of three young children, and married to the woman of my dreams. While I could easily feel sorry for myself, that wouldn't do them, or me, any good.
So, how to spend my very limited time?

The Last Lecture - the book, by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow.

Gingerbread House made by Randy Pausch for a friend

"Lucky" is a strange word to use to describe my situation, but a part of me does feel fortunate that I didn't get hit by the proverbial bus.

No comments: