6 Sept 2008

STOP PRESS - cockroaches!


Can't go to the office this weekend - they are getting rid of these beasties! Maybe Doctor Cockroach PhD works there in one of the research centres.


Monsters vs. Aliens invading Theatres, March 27, 2009. Hugh Laurie, aka Doctor House, is going to be Doctor Cockroach. Always a Doctor!

Would You Eat This?, by National Geographic:



For that I never knew you, I only learned to dread you,
for that I never touched you, they told me you are filth,
they showed me by every action to despise your kind;
for that I saw my people making war on you,
I could not tell you apart, one from another,
for that in childhood I lived in places clear of you,
for that all the people I knew met you by
crushing you, stamping you to death, they poured boiling
water on you, they flushed you down,
for that I could not tell one from another
only that you were dark, fast on your feet, and slender.
Not like me.
For that I did not know your poems
And that I do not know any of your sayings
And that I cannot speak or read your language
And that I do not sing your songs
And that I do not teach our children
to eat your food
or know your poems
or sing your songs
But that we say you are filthing our food
But that we know you not at all.
Yesterday I looked at one of you for the first time.
You were lighter than the others in color, that was
neither good nor bad.
I was really looking for the first time.
You seemed troubled and witty.
Today I touched one of you for the first time.
You were startled, you ran, you fled away
Fast as a dancer, light, strange and lovely to the touch.
I reach, I touch, I begin to know you.

ST. ROACH, by Muriel Rukeyser, 1976

Cockroach Controlled Mobile Robot:




PS This post is dedicated to Susana!

1 comment:

Esquilo said...

Geee... thanks a bunch! I´m so glad I saw this right before going to bed. I love you too.